Sunday, June 15, 2008

Heading Out

We finished orientation yesterday and got our company badges, so I am now officially an employee of Werner Enterprises. We finished in time for me to watch Tiger Woods' indescribable accomplishments on the back nine at Torrey Pines in the U.S. Open, bad knee notwithstanding.

After a good night's sleep I waited to hear from my trainer. Several of the guys were picked up last night and a couple this morning. My trainer, Rex, finally called about noon and he will pick me up at the hotel around 2:30 this afternoon. If my information from the Omaha office is right, we'll be heading for South Carolina.

I'm very excited and ready for this next step. I talked with my Trainco classmate, Craig, this morning. He is in Chicago where their truck is broken down, waiting for road service. He said he's been doing most of the driving, which is what I want, and he's having a ball so far. The more driving, the sooner the 275 hours is done.

My next post will finally be from...THE ROAD!

No comments: